.bit provides a globally unique account system with the .bit suffix. The leading technical architecture of .bit allows both blockchain and non-blockchain users to use it without permission. .bit’s “cross-chain” feature is achieved in a way of cryptography-level security. As a DID system, .bit meets the ultimate requirements of Web3.0.
.bit makes your asset transfer more convenient and secure. It can serve as the unified username in different Dapps. It can be used as a portal for Dapps. It provides you with a decentralized personal homepage (.bit.cc). It bridges the gap between Web2.0 and Web3.0.
.bit comes in various languages such as hi.bit, 你好.bit, こんにちは.bit, .bit, 안녕하세요.bit, Привет.bit and bonjour.bit.
Now you can convert .bit to NFT on Ethereum in two simple steps.
*Note: After the conversion, the data stored in it will be cleared. You can convert it to a normal .bit at any time.
Go to “.bit DApp”, select the .bit you want to convert, and click “Convert it to NFT on Ethereum”. Follow the instructions in the window and click “Prepare”. Sign and wait for the transaction to be confirmed.
Mint .bit NFT on Etherum
After the step 1, click “Pay to Mint”. Sign and confirm, wait for the transaction to be confirmed.
You can convert your .bit NFT on Ethereum to a normal .bit account at any time. After the conversion, you can manage the data in .bit and trade on DIDTop.
In “.bit DApp”, find your .bit NFT on Ethereum. Click the .bit you want to convert, click “Convert to a normal .bit”, confirm and sign, and wait for the transaction to be confirmed. Then you can see your .bit in “.bit” tab.
With the powerful cross-chain capability of .bit, you can register .bit on different public chains. Also, you can transfer .bit between any public chain address at any time.
A .bit NFT on Ethereum and a normal .bit can be converted at any time, and they have the following differences in terms of usage functions and scenarios.
1) .bit NFT on Ethereum
- Have all characteristics as an NFT on Ethereum. You can view it in your ETH wallet;
- Trade on the Ethereum NFT marketplaces, such as OpenSea, Element, LooksRare, etc.;
- Functions such as managing data, renewing, setting .bit alias, distributing sub-accounts, etc. are not available.
- Available in Ethereum network.
- The account is in a special status and cannot be used as an inviter for new account registration.
2) A normal .bit account
- Support for managing data, renewing fees, setting .bit aliases, distributing sub-accounts, etc.;
- Trade on DID.Top marketplace;
- Available in Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon and Tron networks.
Yes. You can convert a .bit NFT on Ethereum to a regular .bit at any time.
After conversion, .bit NFT meets the ERC-721 protocol on Ethereum and can be traded on all trading markets that support Ethereum NFT.
No. After converting to .bit NFT on Ethereum, the data stored in .bit will be cleared. You can convert it to a normal .bit and then manage the data and renew it.
You can transfer your .bit NFT to someone else in your ETH wallet directly.
Yes. If your .bit expires after the grace period. Your .bit NFT on Ethereum will be burned automatically. The .bit account will be automatically recycled.
You will not be able to convert your .bit to NFT on Ethereum if your account is in one of the following states.
- The .bit account is on sale at DIDTop. You can convert after delisting from DIDTop.
- The .bit account is owned by Tron address. You can transfer its owner rights to your Ethereum / BNB chain / Polygon address and then convert it.
- Your .bit will expire in less than a month. You can renew it and then convert it.
After the step 1, you cannot cancel it. You should click the second step “Pay to Mint” to complete the conversion process. You can convert your .bit NFT on Ethereum to a normal .bit at any time.
You can check it in OpenSea.